A cooking and fitness fanatic.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana



I'm a soup lover... and one of my favorite soups is Zuppa Toscana. It was introduced to me at Olive Garden and this recipe tastes EXACT to that first bowl I ever had. I have played around with this recipe a few times now and I can promise this final recipe will not disappoint.

Let me note, I cooked up this pot of soup while it was 85 degrees out... it was worth it!

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1llb ground Italian sausage (mild or hot)
  • 3 large Russet baking potatoes with skin on (halved both vertical and horizontal then in 1/4 in slices)
  • 1 large yellow onion chopped
  • 4 minced fresh garlic cloves
  • 2 cups kale (de-veined and chopped)
  • 24 oz chicken broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • (If using mild sausage) Cayenne pepper to taste
  • Pepper to taste
Directions
  • Brown ground sausage with olive oil in large pot
  • Add chopped onion and garlic to sausage. Saute until fragrant 
  • Season with cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste
  • Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir
  • Bring to a simmer
  • Add potatoes, skin on, to pot
  • Cook on medium heat until tomatoes are tender
  • Turn to low heat
  • Add both Kale and Heavy Cream
  • Heat through and serve

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment