A cooking and fitness fanatic.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

WOD 9/18

Now that Fall is basically here, I've jumped two feet in. Part of jumping two feet in is having the Manchester Road Race on the mind. The Manchester Road Race is a 4.78 mile run taking off on Main Street Thanksgiving Day. Last year was our first year living in Manchester so, unfortunately, I had no idea how awesome the race was until we walked down to cheer the runners on. When I say awesome, I mean awesome!

The runners were wearing festive, creative, and outrageous costumes! There were over 15,000 registered runners, additional runners jumping in because registration was sold out, thousands and thousands of spectators, and multiple news crews. So obviously, I was there standing in the crowd extremely bummed that I didn't have running gear on. Non the less, this year I'm all in!

I looked up the course route and off I was! I wasn't expecting an entire mile uphill but not a bad run overall.


I live about a quarter mile from the finish line but I actually had some extra energy in me after I finished this route so I ran a longer way home!



No comments:

Post a Comment