A cooking and fitness fanatic.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

W.O.D 9/4


It was so gorgeous out yesterday that I refused to stay indoors. Yes, I could have went on another long road run however; it's always nice to switch things up. I decided to head to the track and field of our local high school. Once I got there, I realized just how much I missed  training in that environment!

Tracks are great because there really is a lot you can do with your body there. Get creative! Use the bleachers, use the benches, use the marks on the field as guides. Here's the breakdown for my workout yesterday.

Warm up
100 meter jog
100 meter butt kicks

Run

3 mile run (12 laps)
1 mile jog sprint (sprint the straight away- jog the turn)

Tip: When running multiple miles on the track, I always alternate my direction after every mile. This way both your right and left leg gets used as the inner leg.

100 Meters
  • Forward lunges half way- backward lunges completing the 100m
  • Side step squats half way - alternate direction completing the 100m
  • Grape vine 100m
  • High knees 100m
  • Skip 100m
Bench 

20 Tricep dips
20 Bench Push ups
20 Bench jumps - jump off both feet onto bench with both feet


No comments:

Post a Comment