A cooking and fitness fanatic.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sustain Your Energy


My boyfriend is into fitness as well but before every workout he drinks a pre-workout shake. Since we started dating, I've always asked him what exactly a pre-workout does for him. His answer, and the answer from many other male friends, is that it gives them an almost adrenaline like energy boost. In my head I'm thinking, well I want an adrenaline boost when I work out! So naturally my next question is... well can I take it? The answer from him, and again many other male friends, is that it's really not made for people doing a lot of cardio and would probably make me feel sick.Okay... you've scared me off... I don't want to waste a workout feeling sick.

So if you're like me, and you want something to sustain your energy and give you a little boost, try some of these energy gels and chews. I love these things and have tried almost every kind! This is my solution and substitute for the "men's" pre-workout. I normally eat a few chews or take a gel 20-30 minutes before my run or workout and they work great! They begin to break down as you need nutrients and you can really feel a burst of energy as it does so. They also come in all different flavors and types... my favorites so far are the Power Bar strawberry-banana energy gummies and the Jelly Belly sports beans. The most effective however, I've found to be the gels and the GU Chomps.

Whatever flavor and type you go with, now you too can have a great sustained workout without the scare of feeling sick from many of those pre-workout drinks.

Now go sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment