A cooking and fitness fanatic.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

One Pan Chicken Parm


I love a good Chicken Parmesan but... I hate the mess it takes to cook it. With this one pan Chicken Parmesan  I eliminate one of those messy dishes for you. When your both cooking and cleaning trust me... every dish counts!

I took my biggest stainless steel pan and began there. I love this pan because it's oven safe so I'm able to throw it in the oven if need be. However, if you don't have an oven safe pan don't worry! You can just as easily do everything right on the stove top.

What you'll need:

  • Chicken breast
  • Italian bread crumbs
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • Your favorite tomato sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Fresh chopped parsley
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Either cut chicken into medium sized pieces and pound with a meat pound until thin or slice chicken into thin fillets. Salt and pepper to taste...I also season with garlic and onion powder.
  2. Dip each fillet into the beaten egg and then into your Italian bread crumbs.
  3. Heat oil on medium high heat and lay fillets down.
  4. Cook fillets and flip when the down side becomes a dark golden brown.
  5. When chicken is cooked through, lay on a paper toweled plate. Drain any excess oil from pan.
  6. Pour tomato sauce into pan on medium heat and return your chicken to the pan.
  7. Cook sauce through until it begins to simmer.
  8. Add desired amount of cheese onto your chicken breast.
    9. Now you can either put your pan in the oven to broil or just let your cheese melt on the stove top.
   10. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!



I ate this over thin spaghetti that I had left over in the fridge while my boyfriend ate it in a Kaiser Roll. Either way it's a guaranteed delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment