A cooking and fitness fanatic.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Delicious Baked Chicken Thighs

Now if you want delicious, tender, fall off the bone chicken, then this dish is for you! I can't even express to you how mouth watering good this chicken dish is and honestly it's easy enough for any at-home chef to make. Many people hate chicken on the bone because it can be messy to eat. My boyfriend, Dave, sums it up... he doesn't like to work for his food. I promise to you that you don't have to work to get your chicken off the bone. If I can get Dave to like this then I pretty much guarantee anyone will haha.


Since chicken thighs were on sale this week, .99 cents a llb, I decided to buy a family pack and, despite the heat, bake up my "fall off the bone" chicken. 

1. Wash your chicken thighs and pull off all the skin and fat. I pull this off under running water because it's not the most appealing job. 
2. Lye all your thighs in a metal casserole dish. You can definitely use glass if that's all you have. 
3. Drizzle olive oil over chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. The following will also go on chicken; 2 cans diced or stewed tomatoes, one chopped yellow onion, 3 cloves minced or crushed fresh garlic, handful of fresh parsley and basil, and a couple stems of rosemary.
5. Cover with tin foil and cook at 375 for 90 minutes.

This is what it looks like going in (before I covered it)...



Cooking it for 90 minutes is what will result in the chicken to fall off the bone. Here it is coming out...



Yum... Now just pick off and discard the rosemary stems.

I served my chicken over brown rice but it would be delicious with pretty much any side.

I debated about showing you my half eaten food but I just had to show you how easy this chicken falls off it's bone. So tender and so... well... delicious. Delicious seems to be the "word" of the day.


Try it, taste it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment