A cooking and fitness fanatic.

Monday, August 26, 2013

ABOUT ME


Hi guys! My name is Tulin and I'm so excited to get this blog up and running. You'll find that much of this blog is going to consist of food and fitness, my two favorite things! 

My passion for food definitely derives from my family. EVERYONE in my family loves to cook and, I have to admit, they are all pretty darn good at it. If I had to pick just one place to eat for the rest of my life it would, no doubt about it, be mom's house. I was born in Connecticut but my parents and grandparents came over from Turkey so I grew up with a lot of Middle Eastern flavor profiles. That being said, my culinary interests go far beyond one area of the world. I often indulge in Italian dishes however, I love experimenting with Thai and other Asian flavors. 

I'm a fitness fanatic that truly appreciates good food... that can be difficult. I deliver recipes that have the same fantastic taste without the stomach pit of guilt. For example, you can get the same crisp of buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks, and french fries without the deep fry. You can get the same warmth and comfort from chili without all that fat content. Think of baking instead of frying, ground turkey for ground beef, whole grains and oats instead of bleached carbohydrates. Whenever possible, I show you those easy, waist line friendly, alterations. 

Hate doing dishes? Yep me too. I do my best to make cooking simple and use as little pots, pans, and bowls as possible. I don't make things more difficult than they need to be. Days are short, time is crammed, and that's why I bring workouts and meals that the every day "busy bees" can fit into their schedule. 

Feel free to comment or drop me an email anytime! I can be contacted at t.karasay@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment